Saturday, January 29, 2005

Success

The people I care for are justifiably proud of simple accomplishments-- things that we do every day without thinking about them, are triumphs for these people. And like anyone else who has done something difficult, they like to boast when they've succeeded. As anyone else, they want their accomplishments noted.

This morning, one of my gentlemen wished to tell me he had managed to shave and use his aftershave. He came up to me, with a proud smile on his face, and said, "Hannah, smell my face. It smells good."

4 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

Wonderful story, Hannah. And an important point.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

The sweetness of our victories is necessarily measured in terms of the challenges we face. And sweeter still when we have a friend who celebrates them with us as joyfully as we do. Lovely, Hannah, in every way.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Uh, yeah, what Ned said...

2:09 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I envy the man's simple honesty.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home