Thursday, December 02, 2004

Welcome

Due to pressure from friends, and a dire need to expose my insanity on the net, here it is: the official blog. This blog will contain random thoughts, poetry, short stories, essays, and other assorted crap. You probably won't enjoy it. In fact, why don't you go read someone else's blog, and get out of my head?

What? You're still here? Are you some kind of masochist? Ok, fine. You can read it if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.

I suppose I should start with the personal stuff. I'm a 36 year old female, unmarried, with 3 cats. My brother and I were born and raised in a small town in the middle of nowhere. My parents, and most of my relations live either in or near this town, going back for generations on either side of the family tree.

I am an atheist. At one point, I was a Christian (in name only), and some of my stuff dates back to that time, so if you are a Christian, you may (or may not) find something that interests you. Please do not send me nasty emails telling me that I'm going to hell, or send me nice, fluffy emails in order to save my soul. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. For those Christians who are a bit slower-- I am not interested, thank you. To forestall the next round of email, let me point out that I do own a bible, and I have read it.

If you are a Muslim, I have not read the Koran, and don't particularly want to, although I've had it quoted at me many times. Please don't kill me for not being a Muslim, and I won't do the same to you for not being an atheist.

If you are Jewish, shalom.

If you are any other religion, up to and including worshipping owls, please keep it to yourself. If I'm interested, I will read YOUR blog. Otherwise, I would appreciate not being solicited for membership.

If you are genuinely interested in a true exchange of thoughts, and are intelligent (and/or educated enough) to read and write English (ah, a lost art), then please feel free to contact me. The email address is hannah_the_feathered@yahoo.com.

The nest is officially open-- enter if you dare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home